Golden Rules for Business at Alert Level 3
Our office will remain closed in Alert Level 3 as our team is well set up to work from home and all our phones and emails are working as normal. Please take a look here at the Golden Rules for doing business at Alert Level 3...
Golden rules for business at Alert Level 3
- If your business requires close physical contact, it cannot operate.
- We recommend your staff work from home if they can.
- Businesses need to display a QR code and have an alternative contact tracing system. We recommend making sure people either scan in or provide their contact details on a manual register.
- Customers cannot come onto your premises unless you are a supermarket, dairy, butcher, fishmonger, greengrocer, petrol station, pharmacy or permitted health service.
- Legally, your business must be contactless - customers can pay online, over the phone or in a contactless way. Delivery or pick-up, legally, must also be contactless.
- Basic hygiene measures must be maintained. Physical distancing, hand washing and regularly cleaning surfaces. Workers must stay home if they are sick.
- Staff must remain a minimum of 1 metre apart at all times where practical. Other measures, such as personal protective equipment (PPE) including face coverings, are recommend to be used where appropriate.
- Different advice applies to essential healthcare workers, border agencies, courts and tribunal staff, first responders and corrections staff. You can get further advice from the Ministry of Health here.
- Legally, you must meet all other health and safety obligations.
You can also find out more here or contact us if there is anything we can help you with.