Happy New Financial Year
Happy Financial New Year! Another financial year is almost over! Now is a good time to think about gathering the records together that your account manager will require to prepare your accounts. Ensuring that your records are complete can reduce the amount of time we spend preparing your accounts. It is going to be lot easier thinking about it now, rather than later in the year.
We will send out your annual checklists/authority forms soon. It is a legal requirement to have them signed prior to starting your accounts, so please remember to return them to us.
Once you have all your annual information compiled please contact us to make a time to meet.
Below is a summary of some of the information we need:
- - Bank statements showing balance as at 31 March 2018
- - Loan/HP summaries showing balance as at 31 March 2018 and total interest paid
- - Debtors/Creditors as at 31 March 2018 (who owes you money, and who do you owe?)
- - Stock on hand, if it’s less than $10,000 we can use the previous year’s figure
- - Rental properties – all transactions in relation to your rental
- - Fixed Assets – details of any purchases and sales
- - Wages – audit trail from your payroll program or a copy of your wage book
- - Mixed use assets – number of days in the year used for business, used for private and not used
- - Vehicle Log book – a copy please
- - Home Office – size and expenses to be apportioned such as rent or mortgage interest
- - Back-up of your accounting systems (unless it is cloud based such as Xero)
- - Livestock, how many do you have? How many brought, sold, births and deaths
Please contact us for further detail.